The Storytellers Network is a guided conversation
I like to have a list of "starting questions" for our conversation. A couple of these I will definitely ask - where you're from, your favorite story, challenges (and how to overcome them) and of course, the last question.
Other than that, some of your answers may bring up different questions. Or I may want to chase rabbits down trails with you. I'm interested in learning and listening, not following a script word for word.
If you're one to prepare, take a look at these and be ready.
If you like to go in blind and fresh, don't keep reading.
With that, take a look at the basic structure of our guided conversation on The Storytellers Network.
- Where in the world are you right now, geographically?
- Do YOU consider yourself a storyteller?
- Where does your story … as a storyteller… begin? When did you realize you had the gift of storytelling?
- What story has changed your life?
- What do you love about telling stories?
- What’s a challenge with storytelling?
- How does your chosen field shape your storytelling craft?
- How does media affect your storytelling?
- Do you have an inspiration?
- What’s one word you’d use to describe the best story example?
- What’s your favorite story?
- Why do we love stories so much?
- How are we supposed to “get our stories out” today?
- How has social media affected the craft of storytelling?
- When did you realize you’ve “made it” … or have you?
- - What does making it look like?
- How did you get “here”?
- What is your favorite way to tell a story? (Platform)
- What is your passion? What drove you to ____ (write your book, etc.)
- If you could only tell one last story – what would it be?